[click thumbnails to enlarge photos]
DFAT (Davao Food Appreciation Tour) is Davao’s first, longest running and most anticipated food and travel event by bloggers for bloggers. DFAT is organized by Davao Bloggers Society. A food tour that brings bloggers around the best of the best food havens that Davao City has to offer.
Coffee Grounds by Golden Lion
- The only place in Davao you could drink your own face! Hahaha! Located at Roxas Boulevard, Coffee Grounds is the home of the first #SelfieCoffee in Davao. It was raining when we dropped by, and my golly, I never enjoyed drinking a cup of coffee more. We cozied up with their in house blankets and just basked in the warm rustic ambiance, with a side of these mouth watering cakes…
📍 Roxas Street, Purok 2, Barangay 31-D, Davao City, 8000
Facebook: Coffee Grounds Davao | Instagram: @coffeegroundsdavao
147 Beer Avenue
- Located at Legaspi Suites, this is a one stop pub full of local and international brews. The walls are decorated with them.
*sings* ” 100 bottles of beer on the wall, 100 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around 100 bottles of BEER!!”
They also have an impressive collection of hard liquors. If you fancy a place to have a chill night out with friends, this is the place to be. Compared to other bars, you could actually have a decent conversation here, without having to shout on top of your lungs, just so you could beat the music of the booming stereos.
📍 Door #2 Paseo de Legaspi, Legaspi St., Davao City
Facebook: 147 Beer Avenue
- A durian and coffee lovers haven! DFAT 2016 wouldn’t be complete without DAVAO’s very own Blugré. The coffee shop that started brewing way back in 1998, is a pillar or Davao’s diverse coffee culture, with its cozy ambiance, durian inspired drinks and pastries are made famous by locals and tourists alike. Since then, they expanded and even made their way to Gensan. For those who’re not that into durian, they also have pasta’s , panini’s and other dishes on their menu.
📍 J.P. Laurel Ave, Bajada, Davao City,
- Chez Nous (pronounced as shey-nou), formerly known as Chippen’s Café, serves international fusion cuisine. Chez Nous is French for “our home”. Which the cozy homey interior reflects. Below, are the dishes we sampled and they’re flavorful ones, plus all with affordable price tags. My favorite would be their Malaysian Laksa. And boy does this dish haunt me during rainy days. Yum! 💖
📍 Padre Gomez St, Poblacion District, Davao City
Facebook: Cheznous | Instagram: @cheznousdavao
Huckleberry Southern Kitchen & Bar
- Was the 1st stop of the Pub Crawl by Department of Tourism Region XI. Huckleberry serves Southern U.S. cuisine and Soul food. Traditional and craft cocktails. Included in Philippine Tatler’s BEST RESTAURANTS 2016 and 2017. I tried a few of their cocktails and Philippine Tatler wasn’t kidding. The place makes a great place to hang out with family and friends.
📍 Oboza Compound, Rizal Street, Corner Bangoy Street, Poblacion District, Davao City
Facebook: Huckleberry Southern Kitchen & Bar
- Lachi’s one of Davao’s favorite restos, they serve the most scrumptious desserts and the homey interior fits the ‘home cooked’-ish feel of their dishes. Their liempo is soooo sinful, wasn’t able to help myself, ordered another cup of rice.
📍 Door 1-H, Values School, Ruby St, Marfori Heights, Davao City, 8000 Davao del Sur
Facebook: Lachi’s Davao
Picobello Ristorante Italiano
- By far the best authentic Italian resto in Davao. Pasta, pizza, clazones you name it, they do it best. I totally had a hard time
📍 2F, The Shoppes at Woodlane, Diversion Road, Maa,. Davao City
Facebook: Picobello Ristorante Italiano
Primo Café and Grille
- We had their famous sizzling tendon and mojitos. And boy, where those mojitos great! Just the right amount of rum and lime. 💚 Primo makes a nice place to enjoy a satisfying meal while watching games on their huge TV screens which is perfect for, “game night” out with your friends, or family.
📍 Primo Cafe and Grille
J. Camus St. corner General Luna Street, Davao City
(just across The Apo View Hotel)
Facebook: Primo Café and Grille
RBG Bar & Grill
- RBG offers a wide range of dishes from prime steaks and seafood to a variety of global dishes, the on-site dining options at the Park Inn by Radisson Davao are sure to please anyones appetite. Savor both local and international fare , which serves breakfast, lunch and dinner each day.
📍 J.P. Laurel Ave, Lanang, Davao City, Davao del Sur
Facebook: Park Inn Davao
Sana’s Carinderia – Original Kabawan
- Much like the place itself, I’m gonna keep this simple and direct. This might just be the best balbacua and beef tapa I’ve ever had. It’s impossible not to ask for another cup of rice. The meat is so tender, with just the right amount of spice. BTW, this carenderia is Pres. Duterte’s favorite carenderia in Davao, which he’s been going to since he was city prosecutor, then mayor, and even now, as PH’s President. The place remained simple through the years, and kept their regulars by keeping their dishes the way they are since they opened. And my golly, you get so much of your money’s worth. After we had our lunch here, we we’re just starring at each other, cuz we kind of slipped into a food coma from all the savory goodness.
📍 J.Luna St., fronting the Mini-Forest Park.
Facebook: Sana’s Carinderia – Original Kabawan
Soul Kitchen Co.
- Davao’s favorite grab-and-go store that caters to busy Davaoeños who’re in need of fast, convenient and healthy food options . Soul Kitchen Co. is famous for their cold pressed juices, salads, pasta’s, etc… that are all made up of the best and freshest ingredients.
Don’t forget to drop by SKCo and grab a dose of healthy good food. They also deliver!
📍F. Torres cor Mabini st. Davao City
Facebook: Soul Kitchen Co.
Alor’s Home Kitchen
- First lemme just state that, I fell in-love with their interior, its just so adorbs! I just have a weak spot for cute and pastel colored stuff (and sparkly stuff too. lol) The cozy ambiance, matches the food, which makes the it a nice place to chill and indulge on sweet cravings. I really enjoyed their main dishes and desserts.